Here's Every African Designer Beyoncé Wore During Her Trip to South Africa
"Thank you to the talented African designers who kept me feeling fresh. Y'all go so hard," the singer wrote on Instagram.
Beyoncé opted for bold colors and rich patterns during her trip to South Africa earlier this month for Global Citizen Festival, making a vibrant fashion statement with every outfit she was spotted in.
During her performance, the singer sported an ancient Egyptian-inspired beaded body suit, a bodice designed similarly to traditional Zulu jewelry and an emerald green ensemble made in collaboration with South African designers Enhle Mbali Maphumulo of Manual Rossa Apparel and Quiteria & George—but she rocked African-made looks off the stage as well.
In an Instagram post today, Queen Bey shared a slideshow of some of the striking outfits she rocked while in South Africa, and gave a shoutout to the designers behind them. "Thank you to the talented African designers who kept me feeling fresh. Y'all go so hard," wrote Queen Bey.
She's not lying, either. The talented designers—hailing from South Africa, Senegal and Côte d'Ivoire—definitely did their thing. Beyoncé looks both on and off stage were put together by New York and LA-based stylist Zerina Akers.
Get familiar with the designers behind each look below. Check here for more details on the looks Beyoncé wore on-stage during Global Citizen.
The singer wore a matching top and pants set by Fulani designer Dyenaa Diaw, behind the fahshion brand Peulh Vagabond.
Beyoncé wears a patterned button-up blouse and crocodile print skirt from South African brand Rich Mnisi.
The singer rocked this breezy set, also from Tongoro Studio.
- Sarah Diouf's 'Made In Africa' Documentary Offers Inspiration for the Future of African Fashion - OkayAfrica ›
- Beyoncé Releases Music Video for 'Already' Featuring Shatta Wale & Major Lazer - OkayAfrica ›
- Global Citizen's Upcoming Concert Will Support African Healthcare Workers - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: Nkuli Mlangeni-Berg on International Textiles Space - OkayAfrica ›
- Beyonce's BeyGOOD Fellowship With Global Citizen Is Back - OkayAfrica ›