Naira Marley, Rema and Flavour Announced as Headliners for 2020 Gidi Culture Festival
Gidi Culture Festival announces Naira Marley, Rema and Flavour as headline acts for this year's edition of the largest music and arts festival in West Africa.
The 7th edition of the Gidi Culture Festival—the largest music and arts festival in West Africa—is set to take place this year from April 9th-11th.
Naira Marley, Rema and Flavour have recently been announced as the headline acts for what promises to be yet another epic instalment of the festival.
This year's theme is "Bringing it home" and is meant to celebrate the growing numbers of the diaspora returning to Lagos during the event. For the first time ever, the festival will run over several days and feature a different headline act each day.
Up-and-coming rapper Rema is set to kickoff the first day of the festival. While the promising young artist's track titled "Dumebi"was arguably the one of the most popular Afropop singles of 2019, it was his debut track "Iron man" that made it onto the Obamas' 2019 summer playlist.
Highlife king and Nigerian multi-instrumentalist, Flavour will be setting the tone for the second day of the festival. Known for his wildly successful track "Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)" and his fire collaborations with the likes of Yemi Alade, Phyno and Wizkid, this year's Gidi Culture Festival will give fans the rare opportunity to see Flavour performing live.
It's no surprise that Naira Marley has been selected as the headline act to wrap up the festival. The artist had a spectacular year in 2019 after he released several hit singles including his collaboration with Zlatan titled "I Am Yahoo Boy" which made it onto our Best Nigerian Songs of 2019 list. Additionally, his 6-track EP Lord of Lamba dropped towards the end of the year and got fans flooding social media with #TesumoleDance in response to one of the vibrant tracks on the EP titled "Tesumole".
You can purchase tickets for Gidi Culture Festival here.
- How Gidi Culture Became The Festival For The 'New African ... ›
- Davido, Diplo, Burna Boy & More Will Play Nigeria's Gidi Culture ... ›
- Okayafrica TV Talks Gender Equality at Nigeria's Gidi Culture Festival ›
- M.I., Burna Boy, Waje, Iyanya, Skales, Temi-Dollface & More At ... ›
- The Inaugural Gidi Culture Festival Hits Lagos This March - OkayAfrica ›
- Rema Is Apple Music's New 'Up Next' Artist - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Rema's Wild New Music Video For 'Bounce' - OkayAfrica ›
- Naira Marley Releases Energetic New Video For 'Kojosese' ›