Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Second African Original Series 'Blood & Water'
The highly-anticipated youth-led drama series is set to debut on the streaming service on May 20th.
Blood & Water stars fresh faces like Khosi Ngema and known talents Ama Qamata, Natasha Thahane, Cindy Mahlangu, Arno Greeff, Dillon Windvogel among several others. The drama series is set to debut on Netflix on May 20th.
Describing the casting process, Dumisa has said, "Blood & Water presented us with the opportunity to bring a mixture of fresh new faces alongside seasoned actors." She adds that, "After seeing hundreds of actors and newcomers from both Cape Town and Johannesburg, we're excited to be a part of opening up the industry."
Netflix has been bringing the African heat of late.
A few days ago, the streaming service announced its next African Original Series titled JIVA!.!. The dance drama series starring Noxolo Dlamini as the lead actress, tells the story of a talented street dancer called Ntombi, who while juggling the demands of a dead-end job, family responsibility and a complex love life, realises that her choreography could be her ticket out of her working-class neighbourhood in Durban.
The streaming service also announced that its wildly successful first African Original Series, the six-part spy-thriller Queen Sono, has been renewed for a second season with the premiere date set to be announced soon.
- Netflix Announces its Next African Original Series 'JIVA!' - OkayAfrica ›
- Netflix Launches 'Netflix Naija' and Announces First Nigerian ... ›
- Production for 'Blood & Water,' Netflix's Second African Original ... ›
- Netflix Announces 'Queen Sono' Premiere Date - OkayAfrica ›
- Netflix's Newest Original Series Is Tackling What It Means To Be ... ›
- Nosipho Dumisa Speaks Netflix 'Blood and Water' Success - OkayAfrica ›
- Netflix's 'Blood & Water' Set to Return for Second Season - OkayAfrica ›