Video Premiere: The rising Nigerian-Canadian artist TOBi shares a playful FaceTime video set across Lagos and Toronto.
The new music video, which we're premiering here today, sees the rising Nigerian-Canadian artist looking towards his birthplace of Lagos for a story that speaks to our current times. Directed by C.S., the new clip toggles between Lagos and Toronto scenes as TOBi and dancer Tiwa Pearl(who was recently in Black is King) playfully connect through a FaceTime call.
"I was supposed to be in Nigeria in March 2020 for the first time since I left as a child," mentions TOBi. "The pandemic ruined that plan but I still wanted to connect with the motherland and cook up a video across the Atlantic. so that's exactly what we did and it was a dope experience to work with creatives in the Naija scene."
"Dollas and Cents" is built on an addictive, bass-lead beat produced by Juls, who says: "One of the grooviest records I've ever made. A match made in heaven and to think the record was made in less than a week."
TOBi recently shared the deluxe version of his album STILL+ back in April.
Watch the new music video for "Dollas and Cents" below.
- TOBi 'Growth' - OkayAfrica ›
- BankyOnDBeatz' 'Omoluabi' feat. Jinmi Abduls and Tobi Sunmola ... ›
- 5 Artists From the Nigerian New Wave Who Are Shaping the Future ... ›
- The Black Indie Artist You Need to Listen to This Month: Tobi ... ›
- Dive Into TOBi's New Music Video For 'City Blues' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch TOBi Perform 'Beige' on A COLORS SHOW - OkayAfrica ›
- 'I See Theatre as Babylon': Tobi Kyeremateng Is the Producer ... ›
- TOBi Releases New Deluxe Album 'STILL+' - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: TOBi Is Making Unapologetic Soul Music - OkayAfrica ›
- Juls & Niniola Connect For the Afrobeat-Meets-Amapiano 'Love Me' - OkayAfrica ›