Sources close to Wizkid say that he's set to announce a multi-million dollar deal with a major international label.
Wizkid’s pretty much cemented his place as top dog on the scene.
The Nigerian star’s adding another notch on his belt with these new reports that he’ll be signing a multi-million dollar deal with a major record label imminently.
"There's something big coming up for Wizkid, and it happened while he was in America. The deal will be the biggest ever signed by an African, and signifies progress for the music business on the continent," a source close to Wizkid tells Pulse.ng.
The new deal would capitalize on the huge success of “One Dance,” the major airplay of hits like “Ojuelegba” and “Final (Baba Nla),” as well as other collaborations with Drake, Skepta, Tinie Tempah, and many more.
Wizkid’s been in New York recently, as he’s been Instagramming pics from Kanye West’s "Saint Pablo" concert at Madison Square Garden.
Despite what’s been his biggest year ever, which saw him headline a sold out One Africa Music Fest at NYC’s Barclays Center and join Chris Brown on tour, the singer hasn’t released a solo single in all of 2016.
Looks like he’s been holding out for a reason.
A video posted by Okayafrica (@okayafrica) on
- Listen to Wizkid’s New Song 'Smile’ Featuring H.E.R - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Wizkid's Laid-Back New Single 'No Stress' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Wizkid’s New Music Video For ‘Smile’ Featuring H.E.R. - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Spoils Fans By Dropping the Music Video For 'No Stress' - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Celebrates 10 Years of His Debut Album With New Docuseries ‘A Superstar Made In Lagos’ - OkayAfrica ›