Burna Boy Talks 'African Giant,' Performs 'Ye' & 'Anybody' on 'The Daily Show With Trevor Noah'
The artist also discusses the term "afrofusion" and the famous Coachella font incident.
The artist appeared noticeably excited as he sat down for an interview with the host to discuss his success, being one of the biggest artists from the continent, appearing on Beyoncé's Lion King: The Gift album, why he describes his music as "afrofusion," and the famous Coachella font incident that inspired the name of his album.
The artist shares that he learned the news while sitting on the toilet and felt he had to say something about how his name appeared on the bill in order to represent for African artists. "I expressed myself, because everyone coming after me shouldn't have to go through that," he said. "It's only right," he added. To which Trevor responds: "I'm not going to lie, I feel like that was the Nigerian in you kicking in," before going into his best Naija accent impression.
Earlier in the interview he tells a funny anecdote about how he first came across Trevor Noah while on a boat ride in South Africa.
After the interview, the artist hit the stage to perform a medley of his hit singles "Ye" and "Anybody."
Check out both the interview and the performance below, via Comedy Central.
- Burna Boy Announces 'The African Giant Returns Tour' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Says Drake Didn't Credit Him On 'More Life' - OkayAfrica ›
- Coachella 2019: Why Burna Boy & Mr Eazi Are The Right Artists to ... ›
- Black Coffee's Appearance on 'The Daily Show' With Trevor Noah ... ›
- Trevor Noah's 'Great Xhosa Phrase' at the Oscars Was Very On ... ›
- Watch Trevor Noah Visit His Grandmother in Soweto to Discuss His ... ›
- Meet The Ugandan Comic Behind Trevor Noah's 'Daily Show ... ›
- Trevor Noah is the First African to Sell Out Madison Square Garden ... ›