Watch Burna Boy Perform 'Ye' at Coachella
The 'African Giant' represented Nigeria from multiple angles at Coachella.
If you didn't catch them on the live stream, we've got you covered with this highlight from Burna Boy's set.
The 'African Giant' brought a full live band with dancers to the California desert for a highly-energetic live performance that featured older hits like "Tonight" and "Soke" alongside new bangers like the Zlatan-assisted "Kilin Dem" and "Ph City Vibration."
Burna Boy closed things off with his massive hit "Ye," one of the clear standouts from his latest full-length album Outside and a song so good that people online even argued it should become the new Nigerian national anthem when it came out.
The Nigerian star got everyone moving to this live band version of his big single, packed with added saxophone lines and background group vocals. He had the Coachella crowd singing along to its refrain by the end.
If you were wondering about Burna Boy's eye-catching yellow ensemble for the performance, it was made by Lagos-born designer Kenneth Ize, who's been making noise for having the likes of Naomi Campbell wearing his handwoven wear.
So Burna Boy was representing Nigeria from multiple angles at Coachella.
Watch his performance of "Ye" below.
Burna Boy - Ye - Live at Coachella 2019 Sunday April 14, 2019 youtu.be
Before you start splashing your ignorance on the internet , @Burnaboy is wearing an Ethical made piece by a Nigeri… https://t.co/5wxJ1NFFkA— The Creative Collector (@The Creative Collector)1555346161.0
- Watch a Video of UK Protesters Dancing to Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Meet Sajjad, the Artist Behind Burna Boy's 'African Giant' Album Art - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Burna Boy Perform 'Way Too Big' On Seth Meyers - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Features On Sia's New 'Hey Boy' Remix - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Set to Perform at the Grammys 2021 Premiere Ceremony - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Becomes First African Artist to Reach 100 Million Streams on Spotify - OkayAfrica ›