'Molimo' Album Cover Art.
Manu WorldStar Drops Much-Anticipated Album 'Molimo'
Manu WorldStar's new debut album 'Molimo' features Anatii, Gemini Major, Aubrey Qwana, Focalistic, Rouge, Rowlene and $pacely.
Manu WorldStarhas released his debut album Molimo on the heels of his lead single "Choko" which dropped towards the end of June. Manu WorldStar comes back with more fire in this 12 track ensemble featuringAnatii, Gemini Major, Aubrey Qwana, Focalistic,Rouge, Rowlene and $pacely. The "Nalingi" hitmaker shared the news of the new project on social media.
Molimo, which means "spirit" in the artist's mother tongue Lingala, is smooth with trippy beats and Afropop strings. The album is also saturated with South African hitmakers. "Mmangwane" featuring Focalisticis a nostalgic take on a traditional Tswana song sung at festivities. "Pray For You" featuring Aubrey Qwana is a call for solidarity and an end to xenophobia. Qwana adds emotional Zulu rap lyrics over Manu WorldStar's smooth voice calling for unity between Black Africans.
Molimo pays homage to Manu WorldStar's identity. The Congolese-born South African star spent his childhood in Berea, a multicultural hotpot east of Johannesburg, he was exposed to Zulu and other cultures whilst he remained true to his Lingala heritage. He switches tongues on every track, each telling a different story.
"I featured these artists because I feel like I have a spiritual and musical connection with each of them. Our stories managed to become one story in these sessions," Manu WorldStar explained in a recent interview with Sunday World.
Trust us when we say you won't be skipping any of the tracks on this album.
Fans on social media are already loving the album.
Listen to Molimo on Spotify:
Listen to Molimo on Apple Music:
From Your Site Articles
- DJ Double D Enlists Zoocci Coke Dope, Benny Afroe & Manu ... ›
- Manu WorldStar's Latest Pop Crossover Song Is Going Viral, And ... ›
- Manu WorldStar Says His Chart-Topping Single 'Nalingi' 'Was a ... ›
- Listen to DJ Supernova's Mashup of “Nalingi” by Manu WorldStar ... ›
- Manu WorldStar's New EP 'Young African Story' is Joyful Afro Pop ... ›
- Manu WorldStar - OkayAfrica ›
- Manu WorldStar Shares Fire Visuals for ‘Choko’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to 'DIAWA' by Benny Afroe Featuring King Monada - OkayAfrica ›
- Manu WorldStar Shares Latest Single 'Pressure' Featuring Mariechan ›