Davido's 'Fall' Is the Longest-Charting Nigerian Pop Song in Billboard History
It's 2019 and Davido's "Fall" is still breaking records.
Davido's "Fall" continues to break international records.
The music video for the 2017 hit, is already the first Nigerian music video to reach 100 million views on Youtube, making it the most watched Nigerian music video on YouTube.
Now, the massive Nigerian pop song has reached another unprecedented record: it's officially the longest-charting Nigerian song in Billboard history.
The song has received airplay since it debuted on the Billboard charts in 2018, nearly a year after it's release. "Fall" has reached a peak position of 29, after charting for 4 consecutive weeks.
The song's unprecedented success is a testament to Nigerian pop's growing influence in the international music sphere—but also to the American music industry's delayed awakening to its greatness. Glad folks are finally catching up.
Davido recently spoke with the UK's Channel 4 News, following his jam-packed performance at London's O2. In the interview, he discussed "Fall's" unique success, shares a story about a brush with police upon purchasing a home in Atlanta, and talked about a possible future in Nigerian politics.
Check out the full interview below.
Davido on Afrobeats and a future career in Nigerian politics www.youtube.com
- Watch Davido and Popcaan's Jamaican-Shot Video For "My Story ... ›
- Davido During His BET Awards Speech: "Come to Africa" - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: Davido on Taking African Music Global - OkayAfrica ›
- The Best Davido Songs - OkayAfrica ›
- Davido, Tiwa Savage and Mr Eazi Cover Billboard Magazine - OkayAfrica ›
- Davido's 'Fall' Goes Gold - OkayAfrica ›