Photo by Joseph Okpako/WireImage
Watch Wizkid's Historic Performance at London's O2 Arena
The Nigerian superstar made history by being the first African artist to sell out three shows in a row during his Made In Lagos tour.
Nigerian singer and songwriter Wizkid's fourth studio album Made In Lagoshas not left our sight (or eardrums) since its release in October 2020. Now, the album filled with record-breaking hits has gone on to bag the king of afrobeats another honor: Wizkid became the first African artist to successfully sell out London's infamous O2 Arena this year, boasting three consecutive sold-out shows this week.
High off of the global success and obsession with hit single "Essence," featuring Nigerian sweetheart Tems, Wizkid's European leg of his Made In Lagos tour sold out in 12 minutes (very Beyoncé of him) as fans geared up to hear their favorite afrobeats hits. The show itself was jam-packed with fireworks, high-energy performances, and guest appearances from some of our favorite Wizkid features.
In the line-up, we saw fellow Nigerian hitmaker Burna Boyshow up on stage to perform a passionate rendition of their collab "Ginger," while a bright and sunny Tems lent her talent and time to perform their hit. British pop cutie Ella Mai turned out to perform "Pieces of Me" which features on Made In Lagos, while UK favorite Skepta made Wizkid feel at home, as the two stars pumped the crowd.
Big Wiz and his partner DJ Tunez made sure to shout out the late Ghanaian-American designer Virgil Abloh, dedicating his performances of "Smile" and "Blessed" to the recently deceased artistic director of Louis Vuitton. As a part of Wizkid's final surprise and kick at making this show one fans would never forget Chris Brown showed up, apparently performing in London for the first time in over 10 years, with some claiming that the show would've been that much better if Wiz hadn't brought out the American R&B singer.
Wizkid's show was crazy and crazy good, with the historic O2 arena recognizing his own historic attributions. Videos posted online show an excited Wizkid being given a plaque by venue representatives, certifying that the Nigerian hitmaker is the first African artist to achieve his feat of selling out the arena.
In case you weren't able to experience the magic in person, watch Wizkid's full performance at London's O2 Arena here.
Live from The O2 London Arena - Made in Lagos Tour Live Streamwww.youtube.com
O2 commemorating Wizkid for selling out the Iconic Arena 3 fuckingggg times. pic.twitter.com/ype21bxIMw— Sakpo, THE LUCIFER (@Sakpo, THE LUCIFER) 1638436054
From Your Site Articles
- The Weeknd Is Suing For The "Starboy" Trademark, But What About ... ›
- Wizkid Is Named In the 2018 Guinness Book of World Records ... ›
- 7 Things Wizkid Should Do Now That He's Blowing Up - OkayAfrica ›
- Alicia Keys Says She "Loves Wizkid" and Hints at Their ... ›
- The Significance Of Wizkid's Failure To Perform At Coachella ... ›
- Interview: Wizkid on Pushing Nigerian Music Forward - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Releases Highly Anticipated Album 'Made in Lagos ... ›
- Wizkid Celebrates 10 Years of His Debut Album With New ... ›
- Watch Drake Bring Out Wizkid at His London O2 Arena Show ... ›
- Wizkid is the First African to Reach 8 Million Monthly Listeners on ... ›
- Wizkid's 'MIL' Is Billboard 200's Highest Charting Nigerian Album of ... ›
- Wizkid, Tems, Black Coffee & More Nominated For 2022 Grammy ... ›
- Burna Boy & Wizkid Gift Fans Early With New Single 'B. D'Or' - OkayAfrica ›
- Meet Fawaz, the Artist Behind Wizkid’s Album Artwork - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Set To Co-Headline Roots Picnic 2022 ›
- Listen to Wizkid's New Single 'Bad to Me' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Wizkid's Spanking New 'Bad To Me' Video - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Makes History, Sells Out Tottenham Stadium with 'More Love Less Ego' Concert - Okayplayer ›
Related Articles Around the Web