Here Are All the Samples In Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall'
Sample Chief breaks down all of the samples on Twice As Tall, from Naughty by Nature's "Jamboree" to Sade's "Sweetest Taboo" and many others.
Following his Grammy- nominated African Giant album which dropped last year, Burna Boy's latest body of work Twice As Tall released on August 14. Executive produced by American rapper and record producer Diddy, the album has been making heavy waves.
Since its release, Twice As Tall has received glowing praise for its political consciousness, introspection, gut-wrenching honesty and fascinating experimentation with sounds, some originally devised and others sampled from Burna's musical influences.
If you found the collaborations impressive, wait till you get into the samples and influences that made the album such a solid piece of work.
And to help break down these samples is the Sample Chief on Twitter. From Naughty by Nature's "Jamboree," to Pat Boone's "Twice As Tall," Rayan T's "Nothing Dey Par," Sade's "Sweetest Taboo," Marc Anthony's "I Need You" and many others.
Burna Boy has grown to be masterful with his samples, giving them a refreshing twist that matches his upbeat sound.
Check out Sample Chief's video breakdown below and keep up with them for more wholesome Afrobeats content.
The Samples On @burnaboy's 'Twice As Tall' album! 🦍🔥🇳🇬 (pt.2) pic.twitter.com/GE8XYtcCWS
— Sample Chief (@SampleChief) August 24, 2020
- Dangote Isn't Nigeria's Hero, But Don't Ask Burna Boy - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Goes Platinum In France With 'Be Honest' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Returned a Fan His Ticket Money Because He Wasn't ... ›
- The 20 Essential Burna Boy Songs - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Says Drake Didn't Credit Him On 'More Life' - OkayAfrica ›
- Angelique Kidjo Wins 'Best World Music Grammy, Dedicated Award ... ›
- Burna Boy's 'Twice as Tall' Has The Biggest Opening Weekend Ever ... ›
- Bose Ogulu (Mama Burna) — OKAYAFRICA's 100 WOMEN ›
- Burna Boy on His New Album ›
- Burna Boy's New Album 'Twice As Tall' Is Coming This Week ... ›