Still from Youtube.
Burna Boy Took Over London's O2 Academy With a Massive, Sold-Out Show
Of course, the crowd went absolutely wild when "Ye" came on.
On Sunday, Nigerian afrofusion star Burna Boyreached a new career high, performing before a sold-out crowd at London's O2 Academy Brixton.
During his set, the singer ran through many of his most popular tunes, proving once again that he's one of the best performers on the scene. The entire 3-hour show, which saw Burna go through several outfit changes and shifting backdrops, was streamed live on Youtube.
It was an eventful night, but the main highlight of the show, was when Burna began to perform his hit song "Ye—" the beloved banger that many Nigerians want to see become the country's National Anthem.
A video shared on social media captures the uproarious reaction from the crowd once the song's intro began to play. Fans immediately began shouting the lyrics word-for-word, with Burna Boy left watching in awe as the crowd sang and lit up the arena with their cellphones. "Fans paid to perform for Burna Bout at his own show...greatness," wrote one fan on Twitter.
Check out the clip below.
Reactions to the show have been overwhelmingly positive, with many pointing out that the singer has solidified his spot amongst afrobeats greats. Several fans and fellow musicians, including Adekunle Gold and Patoranking, have congratulated Burna on the show's massive success.
With Burna Boy's unforgettable show, it's clear that contemporary Nigerian music is becoming increasingly influential on a global scale and Burna is one of the artists at the forefront of this.
He's set to wrap the UK leg of his "Outside Tour" this month in Birmingham.
From Your Site Articles
- Watch a Video of UK Protesters Dancing to Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy & Wizkid Drop Energetic Visuals for 'B. D'Or' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Chats To Trevor Noah Ahead Of MSG Headlining Show - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Releases Self Directed Video for Single 'Last Last' - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Burna Boy's New Album 'Love, Damini' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy's 'Last Last' Surpasses 100 million Spotify Streams - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy, 2Baba, and Teni Receive A National Award From Nigeria's President - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy, Tems & Ayra Starr Nominated For 2022 MTV EMAs - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy, Nasty C and DJ Spinall Shine At The MTV EMA Awards - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Shares Poignant, New Documentary 'Whiskey' - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Burna Boy Feature On Popcaan's New Song 'Aboboyaa' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy's 'Last Last' is Eligible for Platinum Certification - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Burna Boy's Down-to-Earth Video For "Common Person" - OkayAfrica ›
- Was Burna Boy Snubbed at the Grammys? - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy, Tems & Rema To Perform at the NBA All-Star Halftime Show - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy and Tems Bring Afrobeats to the NBA All-Star Game - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Set to Perform at the UEFA Champions League Final - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Will Be the First Nigerian to Headline a U.S. Stadium - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy to Donate Proceeds from Upcoming Show In South Africa to Victims of Xenophobic Violence - Okayplayer ›
- Burna Boy Won 'Best African Act' at the MTV Europe Awards - Okayplayer ›
- The View From Inside Burna Boy's History-Making NYC Stadium Concert - Okayplayer ›
- Burna Boy Makes History as First African Artist to Sell Out U.S. Stadium - Okayplayer ›
- Burna Boy Sparks Debate on Afrobeats Substance - Okayplayer ›
- Burna Boy Announces I Told Them… Tour - Okayplayer ›